Saturday, April 2, 2011

Motel Sign Of The Times

I am on record as having a mix of personal disdain and a perverse enjoyment of silly signs in motel rooms. As a public service, pertinent examples of motel signs are ridiculed in this blog on a regular basis.

Motel in-room signs of particular note are often hand written in anger by the hapless accommodation provider with words screaming DONT and NOT. Capitalisation and underlining key words is often used for maximum effect. Blu-tack is usually the favoured fixing method. 

I keep a sign on my desk that has been typed by an old typewriter and laminated that was faithfully blu-tacked to the kitchen wall of a motel that shall remain nameless...it reads:
"ALL DISHES CREATED BY YOUR CULINARY EXPERTISE ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT THE CLEANERS.

THANK YOU

MANAGMENT"
I have promised myself that if I ever have the urge to erect such a silly notice on the walls my guest rooms then it will be time for me to gracefully leave the industry. 

Good fiends of the Motella Blog have made me aware of a sign that has been recently affixed within the confines of a motel guest room. 

We are proud to announce that on this rare occasion, the following sign has our Motella seal of approval:


Good onya folks, we are thinking of you!

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!