Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jet-pack Tourism

Growing up in the 70s, I assumed like most other kids that adulthood would bring with it a Jetsons style hover-car and personal jet-pack. Alas like so many childhood assumptions I was wrong.

However, "Jetman" Yves Rossy has given me new hope. Last Friday, we see that the humble jet-pack that up until now seems to be making advancements at a snail's pace, is starting to get some real-time action by pulling off two loops:
The former fighter pilot and extreme sports enthusiast, 51, described himself as “very happy and satisfied” with the stunt and said he now hopes to fly his custom-made jet pack through the Grand Canyon. Rossy performed his aerial display at an altitude of 7,874ft (2,400m) after jumping from a replica of the Breitling Orbiter, the first hot air balloon to complete a continuous around-the-world flight. He said on his website: “The flight went well, despite a little problem when starting my engines. I was able to do my two loopings and I am very happy.” 
We reckon that motels, with their typical open plan cobblestone court areas would make perfect landing targets for jet-pack holiday makers touching down after a flight.

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!