Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Motel Sick Leave

I woke up yesterday and struggled to get out of bed. The early morning breakfast and paper run extracted the last remaining energy reserves that I had so after getting the nod of approval from my better half, I put myself to bed for the day.

I'm feeling a bit better today and are back on deck going through the motions of being a motelier.

The motel front office is a stage and you are required to flick a switch every time the bell rings. You must always smile, offer empathy, be positive and be hospitable. Behind the office door, out of sight from our audience is the only place where moteliers can feel unwell.

Flicking on the hospitality switch at each ring of the bell has just gotten a little bit more difficult. 

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!